Smith Insurance is a highly regarded specialist in risk management for Real Estate exposures. We have been insuring income producing properties since the 1970’s and understand the risk management challenges Developers, Building Owners, and Property Managers face.
Whether you own or manage a small apartment complex, an office building, or a portfolio of mixed-use income producing properties, our Real Estate specialists will invest the time in identifying your unique insurance coverage requirements and will create tailor made insurance solutions to meet your needs.
As an independent agent and broker, Smith Insurance represents a wide array of the industry’s leading carriers. Because we are a specialist in real estate insurance, we have access to exclusive programs for income producing properties and specialized programs for Cooperative Apartments, Senior Living, Student Housing and Affordable Housing.
We have many long-time Real Estate clients that have given us the privilege of serving as their risk manager and insurance agent for decades. It is the combination of our large company leverage and dedication to treating and servicing our customers like family that foster the long-term relationships.
Some of the renowned services we provide to our Real Estate Clients include:
- Performing on site visits to obtain accurate and detailed underwriting information and assess any high hazard risk exposures.
- Providing in-depth analysis of loss experience including causation and other trends such as frequency and severity.
- Providing customized insurance solutions that entail multiple insurance quotations with varying level of coverages and premiums.
- Offering risk management services such as recommendations for property loss prevention, providing suggestions for reducing liability exposure, and reviewing vendor contracts.
- Reviewing our Clients with written safety, health, and wellness programs and assisting with the setup of Workers Compensation Safety Committees.
- Working with the Lenders representing our Clients to ensure adequate insurance is in place. This includes an in-depth review of mortgagee requirements, obtaining the proper insurance coverage, and pushing back on any excessive coverage that could cost our clients unnecessary premium.
- Facilitating the Claims process and serving as Claims Advocates.
- Providing insurance education and risk management seminars to our Clients and their Staff.
What Some of Our Real Estate Clients/Partners Say About Us!
I have to say- you are unbelievable, Your client service skills are awesome. Thank you.
I just wanted to start by saying thank you for pushing back on the Flood coverage for this property. It is a testament to the service and diligence you provide your insureds. I do a lot of transactions and deal with brokers all over the country and there are not many who would have taken the time to make sure the proper coverage was in place. I hope your insured appreciates it.
Lender representative for Apartment Owner
Please let us know if you would like a list of referrals or the opportunity to speak with some of our clients directly.
If you would like to setup a risk management consultation with one of our Real Estate Insurance specialists, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (215) 542-5959 ext. 100.